Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Weekend Day In The Life Of Kristy

Today was unusual for me in a couple of ways and very normal in many others. Drew woke up about 2 hours early this morning at 6:30 a.m. After getting him out of bed, I fixed his cereal and fruit and my Raisin Almond Crunch and Vanilla Coconut Milk for breakfast. After we ate breakfast, we played for a while and watched a little tv until his Daddy got up. Drew and Daddy decided to chase me around the house about 10 or 11 times. You might think that a 2 year old doesn't run that fast...you would be wrong! I was really running! After more playing and a shared snack of pineapple and cheese, Drew laid down early for a nap. I sat down to work on some research at the computer. Normally, his naps last 2-3 hours. Not today! Today he was up in 45 minutes. Daddy fed him lunch while I got dressed. I stole a bite of Richard's salad that he had made himself for lunch, ate a couple more pieces of cheese, and decided to eat strawberry Greek yogurt for lunch. I wasn't very hungry. After we finished lunch and got ready, Drew and I left for our Saturday afternoon shopping excursion. Today we were venturing out to Trader Joe's. It was his first time being there and my third. Although, I had never been to this particular location before. I was going there for two specific items- Trader Joe's Sea Salt and Black Pepper Rice Crisps and Trader Joe's Horseradish Hummus. When we finally found the store, I was rather disappointed. They did not have my Horseradish Hummus that I have been craving for a while now. (Thanks for getting me hooked, Shannon!) Nor did they have the Rice Crisps. Grrr! I did buy one container of Red Pepper Hummus. Then we left for Whole Foods! We LOVE Whole Foods! It is an hour away from my house (21.5 miles, I think), thanks to the red lights around Gwinnett Place Mall, but it is so worth it to us. I found everything I was looking for- squash, zucchini, onions, navel oranges, mandarin oranges, cage-free eggs, grapes, chicken breasts, and fajita mix veggies. (I think that is all that we got this trip...oh, and I found a mixed vegetable hummus, too) I have learned to bring a small cooler with ice packs to keep my refrigerated stuff cold. As it turns out, it was an especially good idea, because I decided that I wanted to take Drew to Stevie-B's for dinner on the way back to Loganville. We stopped by Stevie-B's and had pizza. Yes, I broke my generally gluten-free eating plan to have three pieces of Stevie-B's cheese pizza (171 calories per slice). After we ate, Drew wanted to play the "racing car game." So we went into the game room and he attempted to drive the racing simulator game a couple of times. Then we headed out to Kroger before heading home. We usually buy a couple of things from Kroger, but today I went solely for Baby Spinach for salads. Of course, I left with a couple more items.... blue cheese crumbles (possibly my favorite food), Drew's juice (100% fruit and veggie juice- no added sugar, dyes, or preservatives), and a bag of Pop Chips for me to try since my Rice Crisps could not be found today. (I will let you guys know how they are when I try them. Jillian Micheals loves them.) After we got home and unloaded the groceries, Drew jumped in his stroller and he and I went for a walk. I love my walks- especially my walks with Drew! He is so inquisitive about everything he sees and hears and he just likes to chat while I am huffing and puffing his 40 lb body up the hills in his big travel system stroller. (We have a jogging stroller that my parents were so very generous enough to buy for us, but we don't like it very much... the front wheel does not pivot, it pulls to one side, one tire is flat, and Drew does not like to be tilted back while he is riding around. He prefers the big stroller. So I push... hard, sometimes.) When we got home, it was winding down time- bath, Shrek, and bed. So here I sit, blogging for you guys. I hope everyone had a great day today and I hope you enjoyed a glimpse into my life- it was not very typical, lunch and dinner wise. Oh, well! I wish you all a wonderful Easter tomorrow! I am heading to shower and bed! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment