Thursday, April 14, 2011

"How are you going to count THOSE calories???" My response, "I AM NOT!"

This is not usually a restaurant critique blog, but I feel compelled to talk about my evening! There are times in life when you just need to escape and relax. Tonight I had a wonderful opportunity to do just that with my three best friends from high school. We went to Sip Wine and Tapas in Milton, GA for dinner. It was great! If you have never had tapas before, as Jennie explained it to us, "tapas means little plates." The food is brought in very small portions (usually 2 or 3 bite sized portions) on a small plate and it is meant to share with the others at the table. We began with the Truffle Papas Fritas that were spiced with truffle oil. They were very yummy! Then we tried the Grilled Marinated Shrimp and Andouille. Very tasty! Then we tried the Kobe Beef Sliders and the Artisan Cheese Plate. Very, very good! Starting to feel a little full, we moved to the Pistachio Crusted Scallops and BBQ Pork Tacos. None of the plates allowed you to eat more than 2-3 bites of each thing (since we were sharing each plate with 4 people). Everything we tasted, we loved! Finally, since it was Shannon's birthday and since we had tasted everything else :) , we tried three desserts- Flourless Chocolate Tort, Apple Blackberry Crisp, and the Coconut Chocolate Pie. It was all fabulous! The restaurant has a lot of gluten-free offerings, the kitchen is open to view, and all offerings are cooked to order. All of the food was fresh and vibrant! Although I did not participate in the wine tasting, they do offer a large selection of wines that are apparently pretty yummy as well. The atmosphere was relaxing and the staff members were very attentive. At the end of the dinner, Jennie asked me how I was going to determine my calories and enter them into my phone app. I said, "I am not!" This was a free meal. While I do not think that we ate more than 800 calories each- probably more like 600- I am not worried about it. I had a great time with great friends and we all deserve an evening off! I will get back to the calorie watch tomorrow. If you are looking for a fun evening, I highly suggest checking out Sip Wine and Tapas. While you are there, try the food and don't worry about your calories! Tomorrow is another day!

2 comments:

  1. Im late but I like that!!!! Have a day or meal rather and enjoy...tomorrow is another day! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I whole heartily agree with this idea of eating what you want. As you have said, you should not deprive yourself the foods that you love, even if they are probably the worst thing that you could eat in a "diet". I've always heard that Dolly Pardon lives by this as well - lol. So since we should not be "dieting" and should be changing the way we eat for life, then having that cheesecake or queso dip when we want it will not kill you. Moderation is the key as you have emphasized Kristy. If you don't have those milkduds (personal experience) when you want them then you are bound to probably binge later on something else that you really didn't want. Anyway, I've found that I still can maintain my weight and have my 5 or so milkduds and a few ounces of my husbands Mountain Dew when he drinks one throughout the day and my taste buds will thank me and my butt will thank me for not overdoing it. :D

    ReplyDelete