Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Meals: Before and After

There have been lots of requests to see before and after sample menus. Here you go:


Before April 2010:



  • Breakfast: 2 sausage McMuffins with cheese and large sweet tea with light ice


  • Lunch: turkey, cheese, sandwich spread or mayo, and spicy mustard on wheat bread; fruit and jello cup; Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips, 4 double stuffed Oreos


  • Dinner: two chicken breasts; steam in the bag veggies with cheese sauce; mashed potatoes -or- hamburger helper made with ground turkey


  • I would drink tea in the morning and then water or lemonade for the rest of the day. Every now and then I would get a Mountain Dew.




Now:






  • Breakfast: Love Grown Foods Apple Walnut Delight - or - Raisin Almond Crunch Granola with So Delicious Coconut Milk


  • Snack: fruit and cheese or cashews -or- Greek yogurt with fruit


  • Lunch: baby spinach and spring mix salad with diced chicken, onions, reduced fat blue cheese, and extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing and grapes or half of navel orange- or - leftover from night before and grapes or half of navel orange


  • Snack: fruit and cheese or cashews - or- hummus and rice chips


  • Dinner: one small chicken breast and steamed fresh veggies (no sauce- just sea salt and pepper) -or- salad (see above) -or- quinoa with veggies - or- turkey and veggie meatloaf with fruit


  • I only drink water all day. No soda and no alcohol.


My portion sizes have drastically decreased. My sodium intake has drastically decreased. I do eat other foods and they are generally gluten-free.

I never choose to go to fast food anymore. But if I have to go to fast food, I get a salad with grilled chicken, no croutons, and oil and vinegar dressing or lite Italian dressing. I prefer to go to actual restaurants. Before I go, I research the menu and nutritional information on the internet or on my phone app. Then I usually choose the lowest calorie and sodium choice. Most of the time you are better off getting a small steak and grilled or steamed veggies than you are getting a salad. Just do your research! Contact me if you need extra help with restaurant food choices. I am always willing to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment