Saturday, May 7, 2011

What A YEAR!!!

Participating the the 2011 Promise Walk 5K for Preeclampsia brings my year of major changes to an end.  A year ago, I was working at Newton County Juvenile Court, I weighed 335 lbs and I was just starting to discover my love for walking.  As most of you have read or know already, over the last year I had a 6 month involuntary hiatus (lay-off) from work, discovered how much I LOVE talking to, watching, and teaching my son, discovered my LOVE for walking, decided to take a different and more positive view on life in general, have lost 127 lbs (164 lbs total), and have dedicated myself to inspiring and helping others make the changes that they need to make in their own lives. 

I thought I was happy with my life before... boy, was I wrong!  I have since learned that my attitude in general stunk a year ago.  Sorry about THAT!  I have such a renewed sense of life now.  I appreciate all of the blessing so much more and appreciate life so much more.  I have decided that instilling a need in Drew to "give back" for all of our blessings is very important to me.  I have decided that making sure that I am here for all of the important milestones in Drew's life is very important to me.  I have decided that what goes into my body should be as nutritious and healthy as possible.  I have decided that spreading the word about Preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome is very important to me.  I have decided that raising money for The Preeclampsia Foundation to fund research to educate people about the symptoms and to find a cure for a pregnancy related issue that takes the lives of Mommies and babies every day is very important to me. 

Having said all of that, looking forward to my next year, I plan to dedicate more time to charitable ventures, including The Preeclampsia Foundation.  I also plan to continue my healthy eating and continue to educate my son on the importance of healthy eating and exercise.  I plan to continue walking as much as I can (usually 5-6 days a week) and incorporate more Synergize workout techniques into my exercise plan.  I plan to lose my last 63 lbs!!!  I plan to continue writing my blog (for as long as people are interested in what I have to say).  I plan to say THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU more often, especially to all of the people who have supported me over the last year and throughout my life in general.  THANK YOU!  I love you all and I could not have done what I have done without all of your support!

Will you join me in making a plan for the next year?  Will you join me on my journey??  How can I help you on yours?  I am listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment