Sunday, May 1, 2011

Be Thankful!







Yesterday my husband, Richard, dear friend, Michelle, and I participated in the March of Dimes March for Babies as part of Team DeKalb. (You can see our pictures here.) This is my 5th charity walk in the last year. If you have never participated in a charity walk, you should! The experience is awesome! It is a wonderful feeling to be joining with so many people (3 of the walks had over 1000 people participating) to help such worthy causes. These walks also serve as a reminder to me to always be grateful and thankful for the blessings that I have in my life. It is easy to get wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of today's society and forget to stop and appreciate, not only the beauty of nature, but all of the wonderful things that are in each of our lives. I am so thankful to God every morning when I wake up! I am thankful for a loving and supportive God who never leaves me, even in my darkest hours! I am thankful when my friends and family are also afforded another day on Earth! I am thankful for my wonderful, loving, and supportive husband! I am thankful for my little boy!! I am thankful for each and every one of my friends and family members- especially my wonderful parents! I am thankful for my wonderful country and the awesome men and women who fight to keep it that way! I am thankful for the health and well-being of my family and friends! I am thankful for my job! I am thankful for the wonderful and supportive people that I work with! I am thankful for all of my friends and family who have supported me through being laid-off and through my weight loss! I am thankful for the roof over my head, clothes on my back (no matter how big they are) and food in my refrigerator! I am thankful that I am here to inspire others to put themselves first and make the changes in their lives that they need to make! I am thankful for the sidewalks in my neighborhood that allow me to walk without having to worry about being hit by a car! I am thankful for Facebook for reacquainting me with so many of my friends from the past! I am thankful for Zach Marcy for his incredible support and belief in me and my power to "get s**t done" (as he put it)! I am thankful for this blog for allowing me to reach out and spread my message to 6 of the 7 continents (still looking for someone in Antarctica)! I am thankful that I am physically able to participate in these charity walks and raise so much money for such worthy causes! (Our next walks are The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia next Saturday, May 7, 2011 and then Walk Now for Autism Speaks on May 22, 2011. Please donate, if you can, we are WAY behind in our goals!) The list goes on and on... I challenge you to make your own "I am thankful for..." list today. Share your list with others so that, not only can you realize all of the fantastic things in your life, but also so that others can begin to take notice of the wonders in their own lives! Have a great day!!

2 comments: