Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fast Food, No Thanks!

I went to the mall yesterday after work to get some much needed make-up and my first thought, as it always was in the past, was what should I either stop and grab for dinner or eat in the mall food court.  I thought about all of the choices as I was driving to the mall and while I was purchasing my make-up.  I called my husband on my way home and he asked what I ate for dinner.  I told him about my thoughts and then I said, "but I couldn't think of a single thing that I would want to eat at any of the places, so I am headed home."  When your body has been cleaned out of all of the processed foods and high sodium foods, you feel horrible every time you eat those foods.  I decided that I would rather go home and eat a piece of the yummy sundried tomato and roasted red pepper marinated chicken breast that my husband cooked a couple of days ago and some steamed veggies.  I must admit I felt great after my dinner and went for my nightly 3.4 mile walk/run.  Stop and think before you put foods in your mouth.  Think about the calories, sodium, sugar, and processed chemicals that are in the food.  Educate yourself on those numbers before deciding to put it in your mouth.  Decide for yourself whether you want to feel great after your meal or like crud!  I choose to feel great!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment